Monday, August 11, 2014

A Wine Weekend


It is safe to say that I grew up surrounded by a bunch of winos! My family is so knowledgeable about this spirit and they always made it a point to pass on the information.  However I was always a bit intimidated about creating my own opinions on wine. Now that I am the proper age, my mom and aunt wanted to take me wine tasting to finally start that education! Sooooo.....we took a trip to Los Olivos, California for a weekend of wine tasting!
At times the experience was overwhelming with so much information being thrown at me! After a few tasting though, I left like an old pro! We ended up visiting five wineries in three days. There were no two wineries that were alike and I enjoyed seeing the different personalities of each place. 
Going into this weekend, I couldn't tell you what kind of wine I liked. I always seemed to just stand in the alcohol aisle at the grocery store and pick the bottle that was the prettiest! But after this wine weekend I came to a conclusion: I prefer light, crisp white wines. More specifically I know I like Sauvignon Blancs made in steel barrels! For now I will stick with this new revelation! But I look forward to learning more and perhaps learning to love red wines! 

What an Adventure! 



2 comments:

  1. Wine tasting is much fun and so helpful for learning! For whites I enjoy a good Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Gris. . . no idea what kind of barrel though. For reds my favorites are foreign Argentine Malbecs and Italian wines like Chiantis and Barberas. I should probably taste more California reds.

    - Shae
    http://currenthabits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try those reds! I have so much to learn!

    ReplyDelete