Friday, December 27, 2013

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty


This Christmas has been one of the most interesting breaks of my four years. It is my last one before I graduate college, and It has been filled with many questions. My family and friends have endlessly asked the questions about my future plans. I have asked myself about what I want out of life. The questions have made me doubt my ideas for post grad life. I have long been planning to travel after I graduated. But lately I've strangely felt pressured to leave that behind. Its not one particular person that is telling me I should do this or do that. Plain and simple its self doubt.
On Christmas night my brother and I went to see The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I was excited to see the film, but I had no idea how inspiring it would be. All of the questions I have been toying with this break were thrown away. It reminded me of the life I want. The motto of the magazine was what reminded me the most-

"To see things thousands of miles away, things hidden behind walls, and within rooms, things dangerous to come to, to draw closer, to see and be amazed"  

I'm scared for the future, for the changes it brings and for the people I may never see again. But I know it is yet another opportunity for me to explore the vast unknown. I look forward to "see[ing] things thousands of miles away" and "to be amazed". Now more than ever I know I want to travel.

I've decided to go fearlessly into the future and to reveal in every beautiful moment. Even the hard ones, the heart breaking ones, the uncomfortable ones, I will take them all gratefully.  
World, I'm here to learn and grow.


Your Willing Student,
CAZ


3 comments:

  1. Love your first post, Carley! Go and fullfil your inner passion so that you never have regrets in life, only amazing experiences to share with us and the rest of the world! Peace be with you, my sweet niece. I look forward to reading all about your life adventures in your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, babe. Love this. Follow your heart always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Carley, you yourself are inspiring! Yes, we get to choose!!

    ReplyDelete